Breadfarm, located in the beautiful Skagit Valley in the village of Edison is a scratch bakery with a focus on naturally leavened artisan loaves and European inspired viennoiserie. We are looking for experienced, motivated professionals, who are hoping to grow in the industry by joining our Pastry team. As a family-owned small business, we care about our employees and acknowledge the contributions they make towards ensuring our continued success.
YOU: Seeking a self-starting professional with 2-3 years commercial pastry experience. You should excel in efficiency, be able to multi-task, working well both independently and as part of a team. Our ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator, have strong organizational skills, be clean in work habits, pay attention to details, be kind and care, a lot, for the products we make. You should be capable and confident of meeting the production demands in a bustling bakery.
THE HOURS: Serious applicants only! Breadfarm is open 7 days a week. This position is full-time 5a-1p, with 2 consecutive days off per week.
COMPENSATION: We offer competitive pay, medical/dental/vision benefits, 401K savings plan, paid vacation, a great work environment and a free loaf of bread with every shift.
THE DUTIES: You will work both independently and with the pastry team to help execute the highest quality of scratch production European style viennoiserie, batters, cookies & crackers using local, often organic ingredients. Qualified candidates should be able to demonstrate prior work experience with pastry fundamental building blocks, mixing/shaping enriched doughs, batters; experience with dough sheeter and laminated pastry is a plus.
- Ensure that all products you make are consistent and up to spec
- Follow portion controlled recipes
- Comply with and fully understand all laws/regulations regarding sanitation, health/hygiene and food/workplace safety.
- · 1-3 years commercial experience in a high-volume, scratch-based production bakery (or kitchen).
- At least 2 years commercial experience with French style pastry (including experience with managing day-to-day production scheduling to maximize efficiency.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in all aspects of bakery operations.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both oral and written.
- Be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be 18 years or older.
To be considered for this position, please submit cover letter and current resume. No phone calls please.
Breadfarm is an EEO employer.
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided
- Masks required at all times
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- CDC sanitizing, disinfecting and cleaning procedures