Creating goodness by committing to quality, community, people and tradition
FT BREAD BAKER
Breadfarm, located in the beautiful Skagit Valley in the village of Edison is a scratch bakery with a focus on naturally leavened artisan loaves and European inspired viennoiserie. We are looking for an experienced, motivated professional, who is hoping to grow in the industry by joining our team as Bread Shaper/Baker.
YOU: Experience preferred. Willing to train committed individuals, looking for growth, who are self motivated, can accept feedback or critique of their performance as a positive thing, and are willing to learn/adjust their methods to produce consistently beautiful and delicious baked goods.
- Work smart, pay attention to details, and care, a lot, for the products you make.
- Capable and confident of meeting the productivity demands in a production bakery.
- Be an excellent communicator, have strong organizational skills, and value accuracy.
- Work well independently and as part of a team.
- Understand how to work efficiently, multi-task, and have clean work habits.
- Consider the impact of your actions on others and are willing to do the little extras that will set up your coworkers for ease and success.
THE HOURS: Breadfarm is open 7 days a week. This position is full-time, with shifts from 11am-8:30pm, 4 days/week (Thursdays 12-9:30, Fridays 1p-10:30) with 2 consecutive days off per week. Scheduled days stay the same week to week (unless we need to cover others' time off). You must be able to work weekends.
Job Type: Full-time
COMPENSATION: We offer competitive pay, medical/dental/vision benefits, 401K savings plan with 4% match, paid vacation, paid sick time, a great work environment and a free loaf of bread with every shift.
Pay Rate: $18.30-$22.80 (DOE)
THE DUTIES: Work with our team of bakers, as well as independently to produce the highest quality naturally leavened loaves. Responsibilities include mixing, shaping, monitoring fermentation, proofing & baking artisan bread in addition to cleaning work area, equipment, tools and restocking ingredients. Our bread production ranges from 150-600 loaves with 2-3 bakers each day. We are bread heads, working with wild yeasts and sourdough bacteria, attuned to the variation and subtle changes that impact the performance of the dough. Quality, consistency, awareness, efficiency and learning drive us in our work.
- Be Awesome
- Current WA Food Handler's Permit
- Perform basic math with ease and accuracy
- Ability to read, write and verbally communicate in English.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, physically demanding environment, independently and efficiently.
- Ability to lift/carry 50# frequently
- Must be 18 +
HEALTH & WELLNESS: Breadfarm has an air filtration system for increased air circulation, regular surface sanitization, outdoor staff break room, increased distancing in production workspaces.
HOW TO APPLY: To be considered for the F/T ARTISAN BREAD BAKER position, please submit a cover letter and current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org **NO PHONE CALLS**
Breadfarm is an EEO Employer.